Rules and Regulations:
1. The painting competition shall be open to all interested artists.
2. The theme of the competition is Filipino way of life.
3. The painting competition shall be divided into two categories namely, figurative abstraction and conservative or traditional art.
4. An artist may submit only one entry to either of the two categories. Submitting an entry in the figurative abstraction category automatically disqualifies the artist from participating in the conservative category and vice versa. Any violation will result in disqualification. An artist who submits two or more entries under different names shall be forever banned from entering future competitions sponsored by the organization
5. All painting in the representational category may be in oil or acrylic on canvas only, In the figurative abstraction category, mixed media may be allowed in addition to oil or acrylic. Paintings done over photo canvas will be disqualified.
6 All entries must be properly framed, with provisions for hanging.
7. The size of the painting shall be 30 x40 inches, horizontal or vertical or the equivalent sum of the length and width which is 70 inches
8. All paintings must be new, original in composition and idea, and must not have been exhibited or revised or awarded a prize in another competition.
9. All entries must be properly labeled at the back indicating the artist’s name, address, contact number, title of the work, medium, size and year.
10. All entries must not be signed.
11. Submission of entries shall be from July 14, Cebu Academy of Arts, Alloha Apartelle, 43 Echavez St., Cebu City, Entries submitted before or after the designated time shall not be accepted.
Entries from Metro Manila may be submitted to the office of the Art Association of the Philippines at K, 0 Kanlungan ng Sining, Rizal Park, Manila ℅ Fidel Sarmiento, AAP, contact no 09185208265 not later than July 6, 2012 and claimed from the same office after the competition.
Other out-of-town entries may be returned at organizer’s expenses, provided at least 10 participants agree on just one common return address.
12. Entries must be submitted completely dry to touch.
13. Judges may decide not to award prizes if the entries do not meet certain artistic and competition requirements. All the decisions of the board of judges shall be final.
14. Announcement and awarding of finalists and winners shall be on July 22, 2012
15. For each category, the first prize will be 100,00.00 pesos second prize 75,000.00 pesos and third prize 50,000 pesos together with individual trophies. The first, second and third prizes shall be purchase awards. Five finalists shall be awarded with 10,000.00 each and five merit awards with 5,000.00 each. All participants will be given certificates of participation.